About Wix Filters
WIX Filtration Corp., LLC has been manufacturing filters since 1939 and has been responsible for many of the advances in filter technology over the years. In 1954 they invented and patented the spin-on oil filter, a design now fitted to almost every engine made in the world. They are the leader in aftermarket and original equipment filter design, producing filters for the automotive, diesel, agricultural, industrial and specialty filter markets.
Their recent advances include:
- The industry's best performing filters for SUVs and light trucks.
- The first conical air filter developed for Ford Motor Company.
- The first combination by-pass and anti-drain back valve.
- Odour removing cabin interior air filters.
- Patent-pending air filters that eliminate by-pass to improve engine performance.
- Centrifuge filters and other extended drain interval products.
- Staggered short pleat air filters for better fuel management.
Their Manufacturing Excellence is evident from their global presence and commitment to have all plants certified for ISO/TS 16949:2002, which will replace the QS9000 certification currently in all plants. They recognize that the filters they make are only as good as the materials they use to make them. Rigorous supplier standards, including ISO9001 or QS9000 certification and stringent sourcing standards, assure materials of uncompromised quality. Further quality assurance is guaranteed and controlled by their commitment to manufacture component parts. In fact, a significant percentage of their filters' components are made by WIX Filtration Corp., LLC in the USA.
Watch the video below for an in-depth look at the philosophy and processes that lead to WIX's global manufacturing success.